The Kingdom All Stars are just like an all star baseball team but with student musicians instead of baseball players and concerts and recording sessions instead of games. It is not a talent show. It is not a "school of rock." There is no entry fee and there is no prize. It is a band. A working band run by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and operated entirely by parent volunteers.
There is no cost to participate. Zero. Totally free for its members.
Prospective members must audition in front of a panel of band members and staff. Membership is based on three main criteria:
- Practice habits
- Group oriented attitude
History of KAS:
This all started with a mad dream in the early 2000's when one of the founding parents noticed that lots of kids in the local middle school were walking around in "All Star Team" sports t-shirts...but there were no "All Star Musician" shirts to be found...Because there was no All Star Team for musicians...(But there is now!)
The first band was five members - all from the same school. It grew over the years to include members from multiple public, private and home schools from across the NEK.
After years of playing public concerts the band started writing and recording original music that is now being heard on multiple platforms including Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon and YouTube in 31 countries across the world. They include Australia, Japan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Turkey, South Korea, The United States, The United Kingdom and The Philippines.
Why KAS is important:
Because Music Is Important. Also...KAS has a dual mission:
- To provide a place and platform for talented young musicians from different schools and towns to play together and be inspired by each other.
- To provide live music in the community. But the most important thing KAS provides is an ever-growing community of Northeast Kingdom musicians. And community is what the world needs more of.
- Mitchell Chase, piano, drums, guitar, percussion, timbales, bass, saxophones. Now: Nursing Major At Castleton University.
- Jack Luna, original member, piano, bass, percussion and drums. Now: Computer Science Major at The University of Vermont
- Ally Morrison, vocals, piano, bass, percussion, congas, alto sax. Now: Education Major at University of Maine.
- Ethan Roberts, original member, alto sax, guitar. Now: Electrical Engineering Major at Columbia University, New York, N.Y.
- Tiffany Sanville, original member, tenor sax, bass, percussion and drums. Now: Professional Musician.
- Maddy Vaal, piano. Now: Professional Musician and Music Major at the University of Vermont.
- Garrett Gilmour, vocals, guitar, alto sax. Now: Restores old pick-up trucks.
- Halie Bean, vocals, alto sax, bass. Now: Somewhere in New Orleans.
Learn more on our website.